Enabling innovation as a lifestyle in the Emirate of Sharjah, in order to achieve comprehensive and sustainable development and growth.
We seek to build an innovation model that drives development, by enhancing the competitive capabilities in the Emirate of Sharjah through reinforcing awareness, adopting creative thinking, and enhancing the competencies and readiness of individuals and work systems.
Innovation falls under the umbrella of one of the six national priorities of the UAE Vision 2021: “United in Knowledge”. This notion aims to create a competitive knowledge economy which is diverse, sustainable, has a high productivity and supported by experts to ensure long-term prosperity of the nation and its people.
Accordingly, the government of Sharjah under the vision of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, and His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Crown Prince, Deputy Ruler and Chairman of the Executive Council in the Emirate of Sharjah, seeks to raise awareness of the importance of innovation and supporting innovators in an attempt to develop modern and creative solutions and mechanisms that are compatible with the country’s vision. Based on that, Sharjah government has launched the Sharjah Innovation Award 2019/2020 as a first step towards providing a stimulating environment for the innovative and creative thinking, in addition to nurturing and motivating innovators that are capable of bringing about positive change for human life and its future.
The main objectives of the Sharjah Innovation Award
- To make innovation an effective and constant concept firmly integrated into the culture of the Emirate of Sharjah
- Provide all segments of the community with the opportunity to develop innovative solutions for the challenging obstacles they face.
- Constantly support and motivate innovators to create/produce inventive solutions that saves time, effort and money.
- Encourage nationals and residence in Sharjah to present their innovative proposals for services and initiatives in the Emirate
- Cultivate innovation among students of higher education in the emirate and encourage them to contribute effectively in providing creative solutions to existing problems.
- Increase sustainability in all fields through innovative methods.
Target Categories and Fields
- The Sharjah Innovation Award targets the following categories:
- Students enrolled in higher education institutes in Sharjah.
- Employees of government, semi-government and private entities registered in the Emirate of Sharjah.
- UAE nationals holding the Sharjah passport.
- The award targets innovative solutions for all sectors especially those that benefits the Emirate.
To participate, the following must be submitted
- A written report of no longer than 5 pages Arabic or in English. (Font size 12)
- A video recording that explains the project submitted in a timeframe of 1 minute.
Terms and Conditions
- The project should provide solution(s) to one of the challenges that face individuals, communities or organizations.
- The idea of the project should be beneficial to the Emirate of Sharjah specifically.
- Each participant is allowed one submission only.
- Participations should be submitted before the deadline announced.
- Submissions should meet all terms and conditions.
- Submissions should be completed and ready to review along with a prototype.
- No third party should be involved in the preparation of application forms and documentation.
- Any project submitted that has won an award before will be disqualified.
- Applications should be submitted through the Sharjah Innovation Award website www.innovation.shj.ae
|Launch and start of registration||03/11/2019|
|Shortlisted submissions to be announced||30/01/2020|
|Award winners announced (UAE Innovation Month)||13/02/2020|
|1||Scope of the project||10%|
|2||Authenticity and creativity||20%|
|3||Expected benefits (saving time and money)||30%|
|4||Effects (environmental, standard of living, productivity, happiness, higher indicators, etc.)||30%|
|5||Feasibility of implementation in Sharjah||10%|
|6||Patents or published research papers||5% Bonus|